Tasks of the Confederation
Under the HC 61
The Federal Office of Justice is the central authority competent under articles 10 and 11 of the Convention. It acts as liaison for the other national central authorities and the Swiss authorities with jurisdiction to take measures of protection. It therefore has jurisdiction to directly provide and receive information concerning the measures taken or the measures contemplated by the authorities of the State of which the minor is a citizen and, if necessary, those of the State of the minor’s habitual residence.
Under the HC 96
The Federal Office of Justice is the federal central authority responsible for the implementation of the Convention. It mainly acts as liaison for the other national central authorities and carries out the task of coordination.
The federal central authority performs the following tasks :
- transmit communications from abroad to the cantonal central authority;
- provide information on Swiss law and child protection services in Switzerland to foreign authorities;
- represent Switzerland before central authorities in other countries;
- advise the cantonal central authorities on these conventions and to ensure their application;
- to promote cooperation between cantonal central authorities, cooperation with experts and institutions under art. 3 FA-ACA and with the central authorities of Contracting States.
to the top Last modification 18.06.2012